Your weekly Indivisible to-dos:
- Are your members of Congress (MoCs) doing enough to respond to the Charlottesville terrorist attack? Trump has already made our country less safe through his racist and hateful policies. Now he refuses to condemn white supremacy and the terrorist attack in Charlottesville. We’ve got a new resource for you to make sure that your MoCs are doing everything they can to respond to Charlottesville and to oppose white supremacy.
- RSVP here for the DACA Day of Action August 15th! With actual neo-Nazis now rallying nationally, it’s important we show support for people from every background, immigrant and native. We’re working with our partners at United We Dream to help defend immigrants from the Trump administration. Part of being a good partner is showing up. Turn out to one of their events here.
- Tune in to a special Facebook Live on Tonight at 8:30PM ET. We’ll welcome a special guests from United We Dream to talk with Indivisible policy staff about DACA and other immigration priorities for recess, including how you can take action now. You can tune in here at 8:30PM ET tonight.
- Pledge to protect the Special Counsel investigation. We’re partnering with other progressive groups to take to the streets in the event that Trump fires Mueller. Sign up to attend an event here.
- Turn up the August heat on Congress. We have everything you need keep talking to your MoCs about TrumpCare, Tax Reform, Immigration, the Budget, the Environment, and Russia. Check out the full toolkit here at our August recess site! And don’t forget to register your events so we can spread the word.
- Ask questions confidently at town halls. Check out our new short video to create your own mic-drop moment at your MoC’s town hall.
Local Call To Action :
1. King has had no response to the Charlottesville attack.
2. It’s State Fair time, as you stroll around the fairgrounds keep an eye out for your MOC and ask them questions.
3 Joni Ernst Town Halls-please show up, have your agree, disagree signs.
Monday August 14th -Fort Dodge Middle School 4:30
Tuesday August 15th- Washington High School-Washington IA 12:30
4. Charles Grassley Town hall
Wednesday August 23rd-RIngold County Courthouse-My Ayr 3:45
5. David Young open office hours-you call ahead and schedule a 10 min appointment -call (515) 282-1909 to set up a time. Or you can show up and wait to see him.
Wed Aug 23 2017 at 09:00 AM, CDT Greenfield IA
Wed Aug 23 2017 at 1:00 PM, CDT Atlantic IA
Thu Aug 24 2017 at 12:30 PM, CDT My Ayr IA
Wed Aug 30 2017 at 2:00 PM, CDT Perry IA
6. Please check in to your local SD page for updates on events that are occuring this week. The “Not One Penny Picnic” is one of the many events that local Indivisibles are planning. This event is for local indivisibles to meet each other. The purpose of this event is to strengthen the bonds between local activists and give us a relaxed environment in which to discuss the future of the resistance. Look forward to seeing you there!