- Fill out the following form to nominate El Cheeto’s trips to Mar-A-Lago for one of Joni’s “Make ‘Em Squeal” Awards. We need EVERY. SINGLE. INDIVISIBLE MEMBER. to do this to make a real impact. It’s easy: Sign the petition here.
- THE BUDGET. The Federal Government is facing a shutdown if Congress cannot pass a budget, or if Congress does not include some egregious “must pass” policies as riders to the budget (including “The Wall” and TrumpCare). Please contact ALL your Members of Congress to let them know you:
- oppose funding a border wall and providing additional funds for a “Deportation Force”;
- you oppose any attempts to strip access to affordable healthcare that covers pre-existing conditions and essential health benefits such as mental health care and pre- and post-natal care; and
- You oppose defunding the EPA, NIH, and CDC.
- Coordinate with other Indivisible groups in your area. An upcoming Regional get together is this Saturday, April 29, at Lake Darling. More details are available at the following link, and more events are being planned for other Iowa Senate District groups. The events are free and open to all. https://www.facebook.com/events/163076914216079/
- Now that the state legislative session has ended, consider the following ideas:
- Write a thank you note to some deserving state senators and reps.
- Gather with some Indivisible Iowa and like-minded friends to celebrate all your hard work over the past several months and invite someone new to the group!
- Start a conversation in your senate district (SD) group about managing an Indivisible Iowa booth at a local farmer’s market, fair, or other community event this spring/summer. The booth can be used to recruit members, but more importantly register voters and educate voters on the changes that will likely take place when the new voter I.D. bill is signed by the governor.
- Start a conversation in your SD group about targeting districts in the 2018 election by looking at the district map (see link), then deciding if you will need assistance or will give assistance. Start strategizing and contacting partnering districts this spring/summer. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2_LGZciNVGpMk12d0FzcnBLeDA/view?usp=sharing