Weekly Action 9/25/2017
ALERT! WE HAVE 5 DAYS TO DEFEAT TRUMPCARE! The main thing everyone must do this week is to let your senators know how much you hate this bill and how much you’ll make them pay for supporting it. Make a call (make many calls!), show up, make your voice heard! Be sure to use our resources, contact info, call scripts, and event registration and RSVP on www.trumpcareten.org!
A ban is a ban and it’s unconstitutional. Late last night, the Trump administration issued a revised Muslim ban that included non-Muslim majority countries. These revisions don’t change the fact that this ban is unconstitutional and un-American. Stay updated on what the new ban means by visiting www.nomuslimbanever.com.
Ask your MoC to immediately pass emergency disaster relief for Puerto Rico. 3.5 million Americans live in Puerto Rico, and right now they need federal support. Hurricane Maria has devastated the Island, leaving at least ten dead, and millions without power. Puerto Rico deserves the same immediate federal response that victims of Hurricane Harvey received. Ask your members of Congress to make sure they get it without delay.
Tuesday is National Voter Registration Day.https://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/
Please find and share events in your County. If there aren’t any please share the address of the county auditor and their hours, keep them busy and link to online registration: https://sos.iowa.gov/elections/voterinformation/voterregistration.html
Absentee ballots are available this week for the city council elections November 7th. Take some time to meet your neighbors and let them know when and where to vote.
Contact your legislator regarding family planning services at Unity Point. This exclusion will limit even more providers for women’s reproductive services in rural areas.
“The new family planning program, which is financed solely by the state, replaces a federal Medicaid program. Critics of the law fear it will severely limit access to birth-control services, especially in rural areas.
They also note it requires the state to forego $3 million in federal Medicaid money because the national Medicaid family-planning program doesn’t let states exclude abortion providers.
Those health systems don’t provide elective abortions, but they do perform some abortions in cases of fetal anomaly”. (AP September 23, 2017)
Our leaders have been busy this week making postcards to hand out. Thank you, one and all for your talent.
Weekly Action 9/18/17
- STOP THE RETURN OF TRUMPCARE. TrumpCare is back and Republicans are as close as they’ve ever been to passing it. There are 12 days left for the Senate to ram healthcare through reconciliation with just 50 votes. This is TrumpCare’s last stand. Call your senators ASAP and tell them to vote no on “Graham-Cassidy”using all the latest resources at TrumpCareTen.org.
- Don’t let Trump use fear to trample on civil liberties.We stand in solidarity with those impacted by the horrific acts of violence in London. We also condemn Trump’s knee-jerk rhetoric and irresponsible exploitation of this moment to promote expanding his bigoted Muslim ban. Find out what you can do to resist the Muslim ban at nomuslimbanever.com.
- Continue pressuring MoCs for a clean DREAM Act.Democratic Leaders Pelosi and Schumer continue to cultivate their cozy relationship with Trump. Last week, they announced a deal (to make a deal) on the DREAM Act with Trump. Contact your MoCs and use our call scripts to tell them that you want to see a “clean” DREAM Act.
Local Action: (Reminder-events are on our events page)
- Union re-cert is this month for some unions. The re-cert Is only for the people that are re certifying in September. All ballots must be at or no later than September 26 at 3 o’clock. At that time, they will be counted. In October, voting will be done via phone and Internet.
2. Joni Ernst is holding three 3 town halls this week.
- Charles City Thursday –Sept 21st 1:00pm (Charles City Schools North Grand Auditorium)
- Corydon — Friday, Sept 22nd 7:30am (Wayne County Junior/Senior High)
- Iowa City– Friday, Sept 22nd 2:30 pm (Iowa Memorial Union)
- Contact DHS Director Jerry Foxhoven and your legislator in support of allowing disabled Iowan’s and Iowan’s with a waiver to pull out of the managed care market and return to services through the state. The current managed care system only allows 8 hours of care when they are in need of 24- hour care at home.
Iowa Department of Human Services
Hoover State Office Building
Des Moines, IA 50319-0114
Tel: (515) 281-5452
Fax: (515) 281-4597
Did you know that DHS is holding public comment meetings regarding Medicaid?
Below are the last two meetings for 2017. For more information: https://dhs.iowa.gov/iahealthlink/IHL.Public.Comment.Meetings
|October 11, 2017||5 p.m. – 7 p.m.||Dubuque||Grand River Center Meeting Room 1 500 Bell Street Dubuque, IA 52001|
|December 14, 2017||5 p.m. – 7 p.m.||Des Moines||Polk County River Place Room 1
2339 Euclid Avenue Des Moines, IA 50310
9/11/2017 Your weekly National Indivisible to-dos:
- Defend DACA recipients. Tell your members of Congress (MoCs) that you want the Dream Act attached to every must-pass bill in Congress using our new script and state-specific explainer. You can also check out our comprehensive resource on how to stand up for Dreamers and all immigrants– in partnership with United We Dream and the National Immigration Law Center– at indivisibleguide.com. Help us spread the word.
- Oppose H.R. 3697.The House is expected to vote this Tuesday on a bill that criminalizes immigrants, including those fleeing gang violence, and allows more of them to be detained and deported. It also affects vulnerable populations such as asylum seekers, TPS holders, and unaccompanied children. Tell your MoCs to vote no on H.R. 3697, the Criminal Alien Gang Member Removal Act.
- Oppose the Budget Resolution. Your House member should oppose the budget resolution expected on the House floor in two weeks, and your Senator should oppose any resolution that makes cuts to Medicaid, Medicare, or SNAP, and doesn’t offset tax cuts with new revenue or closing loopholes. Hold them accountable using our new explainer and script.
(many more actions-please visit the page!)
9/11/2017 Local Actions:
9/12/2017 —School Board Elections!!! Go Vote!
- Call Governor Reynolds and remind her that her decision to end overtime pay for 12,800 state workers is unjust.
- Union recertification. Connect with your local unions to see if you can help with outreach efforts for their recertification votes.
- Please remember to visit the events page, so many vital actions taking place this month. DACA events, Hate Has No Home Here, DNR Volunteer Day, just to name a few!
Call to Action 9/5/17
Your National weekly Indivisible to-dos:
- Defend DACAmented youth. Media reports this weekend indicate that Trump is getting ready to eliminate the DACA program — and yank the American Dream from 800,000 young immigrants who are living in the U.S. lawfully. Congress can prevent this. You can make them. Ask your representative and two senators to co-sponsor S.1615 in the Senate and H.R. 3591 in the House to permanently protect these young Americans, and take their future out of Trump’s hands. https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resource/tell-senator-defend-daca-support-durbin-graham-dream-act/
- TODAY show up with DACAmented youth and allies. In cities and states across the country today, thousands of immigrant youth and allies, led by United We Dream, will take to the streets to demand the protection of DACA and the Temporary Protected Status (TPS) programs. Find an event near you, https://actionnetwork.org/event_campaigns/defend-daca-on-september-1st?source=indivisible RSVP, or register your own.
- Respond to Hurricane Harvey. The communities affected by Hurricane Harvey need immediate disaster aid and we could see a package as early as Wednesday. Make sure your member of Congress (MoC) is working to provide it using our new explainer.https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resource/responding-hurricane-harvey/
- Stop Trump’s tax scam. The next big legislative priority for Republicans is to give massive tax cuts to the wealthy and corporations at the expense of critical social programs and working families. It’s time to fight back against tax giveaways to the rich. Use our new comprehensive microsite-https://www.trumptaxscam.org– that has everything you need to hold your MoCs accountable.
- Stop Trump from starting war with North Korea. Impulse-prone Trump is the last person we want playing a game of nuclear brinksmanship. Tell your MoC that you don’t want him starting a war with North Korea using our explainer and questions you can ask when you make your calls and district office visits this week. https://www.indivisibleguide.com/resource/dont-let-trump-start-war-north-korea/
- Stay vigilant on ACA. On Friday, we got news that the Senate Parliamentarian ruled Republicans only have until the end of the fiscal year, September 30, to use the Fiscal Year 2017 reconciliation bill to pass TrumpCare. There’s nothing to act on yet, but this could mean a renewed push to jam TrumpCare through the Senate while they still can. Keep your eye on this over the next couple of weeks.
- Tune in to Facebook Live to plan for this September in Congress. Join us tonight at 8:30 PM ET when we’ll be joined by tax experts from the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) to talk about the upcoming tax fight. https://www.facebook.com/indivisibleguide/
Congress is back for a big September. Congress returns to Washington this week with a long to-do list and not much time to do it. Here are just a few agenda items Congress must attend to this month:
- Pass a critically needed aid package for communities affected by Harvey
- Raise the debt ceiling
- Reauthorize the national flood insurance program
- Reauthorize the Children’s Health Insurance Program
- Agree on a plan to fund the government by the end of the month.
Our Local Weekly Call to Action
Say it with us: We will not stand idly by while this White House tramples on the civil rights of members of our communities. There are two things you can do right now to support DACAmented young people:
First, tell your representative and senators to co-sponsor a legislative fix for DACA. Like so many other issues, Congress has the power to remedy this situation. Congress doesn’t have to—and should not—sit on the sidelines. Removing DACA protections from these hundreds of thousands of young people would turn their lives upside down, and harm the communities where they live, work and study. The only beneficiary would be the for-profit private immigrant detention complex and Trump’s runaway deportation machine, which would embark on a new taxpayer-funded mission to apprehend, process, detain and remove these young people. Congress can pass legislation protecting these immigrant youth. Ask your representative and two senators to co-sponsor S.1615 in the Senate and H.R. 3591 in the House to protect these young Americans and take their future out of Trump’s hands.
Please call, call again and again your Senator and House Representative. If possible be active and attend any DACA events in your area.
- Local school board elections are one week from today. Canvass your neighborhood and remind them to vote.
- Disability RIghts of Iowa just finished an investigation of the Boys State Training School in Eldora. Numerous civil rights violations were found, some of those include using restraints, seclusion and isolation on teenage boys. Most of these boys have been diagnosed with some form of mental illness. Jerry Foxhoven, new DHS director was given the 35 page report to review. After reviewing the report he felt there was NO need to continue with an investigation. Here are just a few of the issues that need to be addressed:
The report’s findings include:
- Three-quarters of the facility’s residents have been placed in seclusion at some point. Six percent of those incidents lasted longer than 24 hours, which violates national standards, the report says.
- Staff members often restrain boys with an apparatus called “the wrap.” The report describes the device as “a restraint bed with a strap for each arm and leg, and then a Velcro body wrap that is applied over the full body. This has been used multiple times on students with high mental-health needs and well-documented histories of childhood trauma instead of providing therapeutic interventions.”
- The Eldora school is not required to have a state license, which means it is not subject to regular inspection by the Iowa Department of Inspections and Appeals. Licenses are required for most similar programs, such as Polk County’s juvenile detention facility and state institutions for people with mental illness or intellectual disabilities. Under the licensing rules, such facilities would be fined and could be suspended if they used physical restraints on children the way the Eldora facility does, Disability Rights Iowa lawyers said.
- The school’s shorthanded mental-health staff includes a full-time counselor who is referred to as a psychologist, even though he is not licensed as one.
Disability Rights Iowa has filed a federal lawsuit due to the lack of response from DHS. Please contact your local representative and let them know you want a further investigation. To read the entire report, use this link http://disabilityrightsiowa.org/iowa-dhs-again-fails-to-protect-iowas-youth/
- Sometime this month the Iowa Legislature is to meet for the budget issue. Keep all eyes and ears open.
WEEKLY ACTION 8/28/17
Farewell, August recess.
1. The final days of August recess are near and your members of Congress (MoCs) are packing their bags to head back to D.C. Don’t let them leave without your voices being heard. Plan your last August recess events with our toolkit and talk about inclusion with your groups with our new resources.
2. Defend DACA. Donald Trump is targeting young immigrants again with rumors of an end to the Deferred Action to Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. Stand with immigrants by telling your MoCs to condemn Trump for his threats, and make sure they’ve signed on to the DREAM Act.
3. Tell your MoC to speak out against Trump’s transgender troops ban. Check out our tweet storm here and challenge your members of Congress to speak out against this discriminatory and dangerous ban like Indivisible Utah did.
Oppose Trump’s continued warmongering. Last week, Trump announced an escalation in Afghanistan, America’s longest war in history. This decision will lead to more death and destruction, and Congress needs to stop it. Check out this Vox article with some of your members of Congress’ reaction to the escalation, and demand that they are vocally opposed to an escalation in Afghanistan.
4. Join this week’s Facebook Live at 8:30 PM ET with Indivisible and Color of Change. Join us tonight when we’ll be joined by our friends from Color of Change to discuss tips on how you can help fight Trump’s white supremacist agenda from the removal of racist monuments to the latest congressional asks you should be making. You can join us on our Facebook page.
5. Borrow a cup of sugar. Or in this case, borrow a member of Congress! Take a look at this week’s August recess video to learn how to plan your own adopt-a-district town hall when your member of Congress won’t talk to his or her constituents and invite a neighboring MoC.
1. The long term care ombudsmen have lost their funding for them to travel to nursing homes. They are also no longer adding new volunteers to help. Here is what they do for our elderly and disabled in nursing facilities:
Investigate a complaint against an agency, official or employee of Iowa state and local government independently and impartially, and in a confidential manner, to the extent possible as provided by law.
Work with an agency to attempt to resolve a problem when an investigation shows that the agency has acted contrary to law, unreasonably or unfairly, or has made a mistake.
Make recommendations to agencies for administrative or policy changes, when appropriate.
Make recommendations to the Iowa General Assembly for legislation, when appropriate.
Answer questions relating to government or refer a person to suitable agency or entity for answers.
2. School Board elections are approaching. Canvass your neighborhood and remind them to vote.
3. If you can please help the victims of Hurricane Harvey. Here are some suggestions:
Donate money or your time to Red Cross http://www.redcross.org/…/hurricane-harvey-health-professio…
4. The Iowa DNR is proposing weakening water quality standards. Please contact the DNR and request that they maintain current water sampling standards for E. coli bacteria or replace it with the EPA recommended Statistical Threshold Value. DNR Contact:
6. Iowa Select Farms wants to put a CAFO in Wayne County. Contact the DNR master matrix review contact, Paul Petitti (712)262-4177, email@example.com to deny their application due to Iowa Select’s failure to submit a design, operation, and maintenance plan required by the Master Matrix.
Other related contacts to this action: Iowa Select Farms, (641) 648-4479
Wayne County Supervisors: (641) 872-222, firstname.lastname@example.org
State Legislators: Senator, Amy Sinclair (R) (641) 870-0199, email@example.com
Larry Sheets (R) (641) 895-6153, firstname.lastname@example.org
Joel Fry (R) (641) 342-1017, email@example.com
Greg Heartsill (R) (641) 218-0185, firstname.lastname@example.org
Scott Ourth (D) (515) 208-7281 email@example.com
7. Join CCI and SEIU for an early morning action on Labor Day
Rampant racism. Wage cuts. Attacks on unions.
It’s time to fight back.
The number one job of politicians is to raise the standard of living for workers. But in states across the country, Republican governors are doing the opposite — using their power to do everything they can to help corporations and billionaires at the expense of the rest of us.
But they’re weaker than they think.
The #FightFor15 is putting our energy, our resources, and our power to defeating anti-worker politicians all across the country in 2018. Join us on Labor Day
WHERE: Mercy Health, 1111 6th Avenue, Des Moines, IA 50314
WHEN: 8:00 AM
8/21/17 Weekly Call to Action
- Demand your members of Congress (MoCs) actually fight white supremacy. Did your MoC denounce Trump’s embrace of white supremacy? If so, what are they actually doing about it? We have a list of congressional asks for your MoCs.
- Stand up for DACAmented youth. Tell your MoCs to stand up for childhood arrivals and co-sponsor S.1615 and H.R. 3591 now using our explainer and script developed in partnership with United We Dream and the National Immigration Law Center. You can also read more about our work this week with United We Dream in Washington, D.C. and our co-executive directors’ civil disobedience arrest on our blog.
- Hold an empty chair town hall. If your MoC is one of the many who isn’t holding a town hall this August, you can still get their attention with your own empty chair town hall. Watch this week’s August recess video for more.
- Catch An Inconvenient Sequel with a friend. Use the code TRUTHTOPOWER for a buy one, get one free movie ticket from fandango.com.
- Help us buy a texting tool for all Indivisibles. To mobilize more people quickly at critical moments we need your help to raise funds for a texting tool. Your donation will be matched 1:1 by an anonymous donor if you give during August recess!
Local Call to Action:
- Time to remind your neighbors to vote in the upcoming school board elections. Attached is a canvassing flyer. Feel free to edit and share with your SD group.
2. Sinclair Media is now in Iowa. Please take time to educate yourself on how they spread their propaganda.
WHO in Des Moines and WQAD in Davenport have been purchased by Sinclair Media.
They currently own: KDSM (Des Moines), KFAX (Iowa City/Dubuque), KPTH and KMEG(SiouxCity), KTVO (Ottumwa) and KGAN (Waterloo).
WHO/Dm phone number is: 515-242-3500
WQAD phone number is : 309-764-8888
If you see an “alternative facts” story, call the station and let them know. These studio’s are sent “must runs” and are required to air them.
- Call your MOC and urge them to sign the resolution of censure bill against Trump. They currently have 50 signatures. Here is some information:
Your weekly Indivisible to-dos:
- Are your members of Congress (MoCs) doing enough to respond to the Charlottesville terrorist attack? Trump has already made our country less safe through his racist and hateful policies. Now he refuses to condemn white supremacy and the terrorist attack in Charlottesville. We’ve got a new resource for you to make sure that your MoCs are doing everything they can to respond to Charlottesville and to oppose white supremacy.
- RSVP here for the DACA Day of Action August 15th! With actual neo-Nazis now rallying nationally, it’s important we show support for people from every background, immigrant and native. We’re working with our partners at United We Dream to help defend immigrants from the Trump administration. Part of being a good partner is showing up. Turn out to one of their events here.
- Tune in to a special Facebook Live on Tonight at 8:30PM ET. We’ll welcome a special guests from United We Dream to talk with Indivisible policy staff about DACA and other immigration priorities for recess, including how you can take action now. You can tune in here at 8:30PM ET tonight.
- Pledge to protect the Special Counsel investigation. We’re partnering with other progressive groups to take to the streets in the event that Trump fires Mueller. Sign up to attend an event here.
- Turn up the August heat on Congress. We have everything you need keep talking to your MoCs about TrumpCare, Tax Reform, Immigration, the Budget, the Environment, and Russia. Check out the full toolkit here at our August recess site! And don’t forget to register your events so we can spread the word.
- Ask questions confidently at town halls. Check out our new short video to create your own mic-drop moment at your MoC’s town hall.
Local Call To Action :
1. King has had no response to the Charlottesville attack.
2. It’s State Fair time, as you stroll around the fairgrounds keep an eye out for your MOC and ask them questions.
3 Joni Ernst Town Halls-please show up, have your agree, disagree signs.
Monday August 14th -Fort Dodge Middle School 4:30
Tuesday August 15th- Washington High School-Washington IA 12:30
4. Charles Grassley Town hall
Wednesday August 23rd-RIngold County Courthouse-My Ayr 3:45
5. David Young open office hours-you call ahead and schedule a 10 min appointment -call (515) 282-1909 to set up a time. Or you can show up and wait to see him.
Wed Aug 23 2017 at 09:00 AM, CDT Greenfield IA
Wed Aug 23 2017 at 1:00 PM, CDT Atlantic IA
Thu Aug 24 2017 at 12:30 PM, CDT My Ayr IA
Wed Aug 30 2017 at 2:00 PM, CDT Perry IA
6. Please check in to your local SD page for updates on events that are occuring this week. The “Not One Penny Picnic” is one of the many events that local Indivisibles are planning. This event is for local indivisibles to meet each other. The purpose of this event is to strengthen the bonds between local activists and give us a relaxed environment in which to discuss the future of the resistance. Look forward to seeing you there!
Weekly Action August 7, 2017
- Host or attend an August recess event. Make sure to register your events here and search for nearby events here.
- Hit the doors. Our newest tactic for August recess is canvassing—both at community events and going door to door. This canvass packet has all the materials you’ll need, including customized flyers for your senators.
- Get informed on our recess policy priorities. We have a series of new August recess materials on TrumpCare, Tax Reform, Immigration, the Budget, the Environment, and on Special Counsel Robert Mueller, the person leading the Russia investigation. Check them out here at our new August recess site! And help us spread the word on Twitter.
- Learn to write op-eds that make a difference. We’re partnering with The OpEd Project to offer a new joint resource on writing and pitching op-eds. Check out the resource here and take some time this August to get issues you care about in newsprint.
- Extra credit: Help us double our impact. We just secured a challenge grant for August recess, where every dollar you give will unlock a dollar of the grant. That means whatever support you can give—even $25 or $50—will have double the impact. Help us raise $40,000 this week by doubling your donation today, so that we’re on track to to secure the full matching funds and deliver more trainings and resources.
- Phil Miller election Tuesday August 8th. HD 82. See link for how you can help! https://www.millerforiowahouse.com
- It’s State Fair time! If you are at the fair and you see any of our MOC please post it on Facebook. The MOC tend to hang out at the Pork Producer’s tent and other Ag areas. Please stop and talk to them about your concerns. One area to mention is the attack on the press and the First Amendment. Grassley has sponsored several bills to protect whistleblowers, remind him of the importance of the First Amendment. If possible, please record it and share it on social media.
- School Board elections are coming up Tuesday September 12th. This is a great time to canvas your neighborhood. Take a friend and talk with your neighbors about voting, how to register, where your local precint is located.
- Organize a group for Sen. Grassley’s Town Hall in Bedford on Thursday August 24 @11:30am. Bedford City Hall-625 Court Ave, Bedford Ia.
7/31/2017 Weekly Call to Action
Your 5 weekly Indivisible to-dos
- Celebrate! We got a huge win on TrumpCare last week because of your local pressure. It may or may not be dead for good, but regardless—have a drink, give a hug, and reflect on how much power you have. Yes, we should stay vigilant—and we will—but take time to recognize this success.
- Accountability on TrumpCare. 49 senators voted last week to take away health care from millions of Americans, and 51 voted to protect it. They need some direct feedback from you. Here are sample call scripts for your senators. Plus, if you get a chance to talk to your representative during the August Recess, make sure they know you expect them to reject any Senate version of TrumpCare using our August recess town hall questions.
- Oppose these nominations. Tell your senators to oppose the nomination of Kevin Newsom for the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit in Alabama. As noted in this Politico article, Newsom is part of Trump’s broader attacks on civil rights. The vote is expected today at 5:30pm ET.
- These 3 senators voted for TrumpCare, so help us end their careers. Check out our new IndivisiBlogfrom Political Director María Urbina outlining our new political program, and help us defeat Senators Dean Heller, Jeff Flake, and Ted Cruz. These 3 all voted in favor of TrumpCare and are up for re-election in 2018. If you can, help us build up our new state campaigns here (more info below).
- Join us for Facebook live TONIGHT. Join Indivisible team members tonight for a Facebook live at 8:30pm ET here where we’ll be giving an update on what’s next for TrumpCare, what’s happening in Congress this week, and answering your questions in real time.
Last week’s TrumpCare win was because of you. Last week was an incredible testament to the work you all have done together on TrumpCare. The combined political might of the President of the United States and the Senate Majority leader was no match for you showing up on your home turf. It was an awe-inspiring demonstration of your constituent power, and an incredible testament to the work you’ve all done together to get us to this place.
The House has begun its month-long district work period, known as August Recess.
But just before leaving, Paul Ryan had given himself same-day authority to pass “Skinny Repeal,” anticipating that the Senate would succeed in passing it and immediately send it over to the House. Your representative needs to hear from you that you do not want them voting for TrumpCare. Here’s a new script to get you started.
Senate Republicans may still make another attempt to pass TrumpCare. Senators are shell-shocked from the failed TrumpCare votes last week, but they are exploring ways to move forward. The Senate took votes on three different versions of TrumpCare last week, and each was defeated. But nothing prevents Mitch McConnell from trying to bring a fourth version of a bill for another vote—that is, nothing except you. Stay vigilant. Thank your senators who voted against TrumpCare; hold those who voted for it accountable. Here’s a script to use when talking to your senators.
These 3 senators voted for TrumpCare. Let’s end their political careers.
It’s time for electoral retribution. Look, we’ve been reasonable up until now. We’ve steadily pressured our senators to do the right thing. But at some point, reasonable people have to conclude that their representatives are no longer actually representing them. At some point, we have to say enough is enough. For Indivisible, that point has come (read more about this on our new blog from Indivisible Political Director María Urbina).
The Republican senators who attempted (and failed!) to pass TrumpCare made their choice: they sold their constituents out to stand with Trump. It’s time for us to make our choice: let’s kick them out of office. We need your help to accomplish this.
Our plan to pay back 3 pro-TrumpCare senators. Democrats currently have 48 Senate seats. If they pick up 3 Senate seats, they retake the Senate. And if they retake the Senate, all bets are off for this Administration and its incredibly cruel agenda.
So in response to this historic catastrophe of a health care vote, we are launching a new campaign to defeat 3 key vulnerable pro-TrumpCare senators who are up for re-election in 2018:
The plan starts now. We are setting up accounts to raise funds for these 3 states through the 2018 elections. To build the foundation for these campaigns RIGHT NOW, we are raising seed funding of $50,000 for each of these accounts, with a goal of $100,000 over the next month. If we are able to fund these accounts, we will be able to put in place the right staff and resources for 2018:
- State campaign director. To transform constituent power into electoral power, we will hire state directors in each of Nevada, Arizona, and Texas to coordinate Indivisible activity and support the local groups.
- Voter file access in the state. One crucial tool that Indivisible groups lack is the “voter file,” which is an absolutely necessary (but expensive) tool to effectively target outreach to specific households.
- Call and texting outreach tools for local groups. We will purchase and provide calling and texting tools that Indivisible groups can use to contact and mobilize voters across the state.
Help local Indivisible groups pay back these senators for what they’re doing to our country.
At the base level of $20.18, we’ll fund one of these accounts fully with just 2,500 individual donations. If you can, please be one of these 2,500. THANK YOU!
This is how we start building local infrastructure NOW to defeat these three senators. If we wait, they won’t get the message that we’ve seen their vote on TrumpCare and we’re holding them accountable. If we start now, we will win.
The Indivisible Team
P.S. Don’t forget that TrumpCare was defeated with local constituent power in every state in the country
LOCAL CALL TO ACTION FOR IOWA :
Call your local state representatives and ask them why are “Iowa taxpayers are forced to pay a portion of over $2,200,000 because Senator Dix retaliated against a woman who exposed sexual harassment. Do you think this is a good use of taxpayer funds?”
Call Senator Ernst and Senator Grassley regarding the ACA.
|Senator Joni Ernst
111 Russell Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
|Senator Chuck Grassley
135 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington DC 20510
Call Senator Ernst and Senator Grassley regarding the ACA.
Hi. My name is _____ and I’m a constituent from _____ Iowa. After the latest Trumpcare defeat, I would like for the Senator to work with Democrats to come up with solutions to fix the problems with the ACA. We have a plan in place. Why not start with that foundation and work to improve what we already have? Thank you.
Call Senator Grassley regarding Russia investigation.
Hi. My name is _______ and I’m a constituent from _______, Iowa. I would like to know when Senator Grassley will call for a full investigation of Jared Kushner, Paul Manafort, and Donald Trump Jr. in regarding their involvement or knowledge of Russian contacts relating to the Presidential election. Thank you.
The NRA is trying to jam a bill through Congress that would gut our gun laws. This pet project of the NRA would FORCE each state to follow the weakest gun laws in the country, even if your state laws are stronger.
Tell your members of Congress to OPPOSE this bill by adding your name here:
Don’t forget-School Board elections are September 12th
City Council elections are November 7th
Special Election for Phil Miller in Fairfield needs our support. The election is Tuesday August 8th.
Here is the link to sign up to volunteer or donate money. Let’s do this and win!